Week 11 is right here, ushering in remaining seven weeks of the 2020 NFL common season. Each win turns into much more essential in making an attempt to lock down division titles or wild-card berths to get into the playoffs, whereas each loss can additional sprint these hopes.
The postseason area increasing by one staff every within the AFC and the NFC to a complete of 14 has introduced extra groups into real looking rivalry over the close to two-month closing stretch Based mostly on the present standings, here is an up to date take a look at what every convention event would appear like if the playoffs began now:
NFL MOCK DRAFT 2021:
Jets end tank for Trevor Lawrence; Patriots, Falcons, Vikings go on QBs
NFL standings for Week 11
AFC playoff image
Who can be in?
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (9-0), first place, AFC North. The Steelers have a full-game lead over the Chiefs for the highest seed and the lone bye. They’ve a really favorable schedule forward, beginning with the Jaguars in Week 11. There is not any margin for error, nonetheless, because the tiebreaker can nonetheless go within the Chiefs’ favor. The Steelers and Chiefs don’t play one another.
2. Kansas Metropolis Chiefs (8-1), first place, AFC West. The Chiefs bought a well-deserved bye earlier than a troublesome closing schedule. They begin by taking part in the Raiders, to whom they misplaced, on the street. The Chiefs additionally will journey to the Buccaneers, Saints and Dolphins. It is going to most likely come right down to the wire for the No. 1 seed between them and the Steelers.
3. Buffalo Payments (7-3), first place, AFC East. The Payments’ last-second loss to the Cardinals was expensive. Their division lead over the Dolphins is right down to solely a half-game for their Week 11 bye, with the Patriots 2.5 video games behind. The Payments did beat the Dolphins and Patriots earlier, which helps, however they did lose to the Chiefs, which is able to damage their seeding as nonetheless probably division champions. They get a shot on the Steelers at residence in Week 14.
4. Indianapolis Colts (6-3), first place, AFC South. The Colts took over this spot from the Titans by beating them in Week 10 and gaining a head-to-head tiebreaker. They wanted to leap right here coming off a loss to the Ravens, having already misplaced to the Browns and having the Raiders nonetheless left on the slate. Now they’ll think about successful the division with 4 extra South video games nonetheless left. These can offset brutal matchups with the Packers in Week 11 and Steelers in Week 16.
5. Las Vegas Raiders (6-3), second place, AFC West. The Raiders jumped up right here after ripping the Broncos. They’ve a greater convention report (4-2) than the Ravens, Browns, Dolphins and Titans popping out of Week 10. They beat the Browns and likewise get pictures at residence towards the Colts (Week 14) and Dolphins (Week 16) in December. Beating the Chiefs at residence in Week 11 for a season sweep would immediately give them an opportunity within the division.
6. MIami Dolphins (6-3), second place, AFC East. The Dolphins have this second wild-card spot after one other massive AFC win towards the Chargers, as their convention report (3-2) edges out the Ravens (4-3), Browns (4-3) and Titans (4-3). The Dolphins play the Raiders later however don’t play the Browns or Titans.
7. Baltimore Ravens (6-3), second place, AFC North. The Ravens at the moment are three full video games behind the Steelers plus the preliminary head-to-head tiebreaker. However they’ve key wins over the Browns and Colts in making an attempt to safe a minimum of the final wild card. They host the Titans in Week 11 and nonetheless have rematches with the Steelers and Browns, however they don’t play the Raiders or Dolphins.
Who can get there?
8. Cleveland Browns (6-3)
9. Tennessee Titans (6-3)
These two groups fell out of place in Week 10 when the Colts, Raiders and Dolphins all received. The Browns misplaced to the Raiders however beat the Colts and so they draw the Titans in Week 13. The Titans have gone 1-Three after a robust 5-Zero begin to fall behind the Ravens and the remainder, proper earlier than going to Baltimore to play them after which having a rematch on the Colts to observe up their Week 10 loss.
Who’s probably out?
10. New England Patriots (4-5)
11. Denver Broncos (3-6)
12. Cincinnati Bengals (2-6-1)
13. Los Angeles Chargers (2-7)
14. Houston Texans (2-7)
15. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-8)
16. New York Jets (0-9)
The grouping of six stable 6-Three groups two video games forward does not bode nicely for the Patriots with a really tough slates nonetheless forward after beating the Ravens. The Broncos are fading quick and the Dolphins can sink them additional in Week 11. The Bengals have three video games towards the underside of the NFC East, however one other Steelers date and one with the Dolphins counters that. The Chargers can preserve fascinated about what might need been with all their shut losses, whereas the Texans have dug themselves too deep of a gap. The Jets can give attention to edging the Jaguars for the No. 1 decide within the draft.
NFC playoff image
Who can be in?
1. Inexperienced Bay Packers (7-2), first place, NFC North. The Packers now maintain a two-game lead over the bye-week Bears, who’re fading quick and whom the Packers get to play twice, together with in Week 12 at Lambeau Area. They need to root for the Seahawks and Buccaneers to fade to allow them to work to maintain home-field benefit over the Saints, whom they beat in New Orleans in Week 3.
2. New Orleans Saints (7-2), first place, NFC South. The Saints’ glowing convention report (now 6-1) gave them a tiebreaker over the Seahawks and Packers going into Week 10. However popping out of Week 10, the Seahawks’ failure to create a three-way tie atop the NFC means the Saints lose the head-to-head tiebreaker to Inexperienced Bay. The Saints will look attempt to preserve successful with out Drew Brees for some time, provided that the Buccaneers, whom they swept within the division, are nonetheless on their heels.
3. Seattle Seahawks (7-3), first place, NFC West. The Seahawks took again the division lead by beating the Cardinals at residence on Thursday night time, night the season collection and going up a full recreation. The Seahawks can nonetheless fall right down to No. 5, the highest wild-card spot, nonetheless, if the Rams beat the Buccaneers on Monday night time. The Rams beat the Seahawks of their first assembly in Week 10. The Seahawks want the Rams and Packers to lose to maneuver as much as No. 2 as a result of the Saints will nonetheless have a greater convention report with a loss.
4. Philadelphia Eagles (3-5-1), first place, NFC East. The Eagles ought to draw back and win the division within the second half after their Week 9 bye, however they bought off to a tough begin by dropping to the Giants in Week 10, tightening the race. They won’t end increased or decrease than this seed and hope to nonetheless be a harmful playoff floater.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-3) second place, NFC South. The Buccaneers blew an enormous alternative to grow to be the division and convention front-runners towards the Saints. Now they should end a full recreation forward of the Saints, to whom they misplaced twice, to take the South. They’re in sturdy form, nonetheless, to fall again on one of many three wild playing cards. Beating the Rams at residence in Week 11 would assist. Their different powerful recreation is at residence towards the Chiefs in Week 12, earlier than a weak slate after the Week 13 bye.
6. Los Angeles Rams (6-3), second place, NFC West. The Rams jumped the Seahawks within the standings with their head-to-head victory and likewise saved tempo with the Cardinals. They’re simply 1-1 within the division, having misplaced to the 49ers, however 6-1 within the convention total, padding their one-game lead over the Bears, whom in addition they beat. They know the way massive a win over the Bucs can be, and the way hurtful a loss can be, too.
7. Arizona Cardinals (6-4), third place, NFC West. The Cardinals dropped again 4 spots to the ultimate NFC wild card with their loss towards the Seahawks. They are going to keep right here except the Rams lose, wherein case they are going to bounce as much as No. 5 by advantage of a greater convention report. They’re nonetheless a full recreation forward of the idle Bears regardless.
Who can get there?
8. Chicago Bears (5-5)
9. Minnesota Vikings (4-5)
10. Detroit Lions (4-5)
The Bears, after beginning 5-1, have free-fallen to .500 for his or her Week 11 bye. The Vikings made a massive transfer again towards rivalry by beating the Bears in Week 10, though that Seahawks loss will proceed to hang-out them. The Vikings beat the Lions in Week 9. The Lions are listed right here after their win over Washington, however their playoff hopes are even slimmer than they may look due to the arithmetic.
Who’s probably out?
11. San Francisco 49ers (4-6)
12. Atlanta Falcons (3-6)
13. Carolina Panthers (3-7)
14. New York Giants (3-7)
15. Washington Soccer Crew (2-7)
16. Dallas Cowboys (2-7)
The injury-riddled 49ers’ newest unhealthy loss, to the Saints, is a part of a really tough slate forward. The Falcons and Panthers have zero margin for error as extraordinarily flawed groups. That terrible NFC East trio nonetheless ought to focus extra on the draft behind the Eagles, regardless of the Giants successful two in a row within the division.