Week 10 is right here, which means there are solely two months left in 2020 NFL common season. Each win turns into extra vital in making an attempt to lock down division titles or wild-card berths to get into the playoffs.
With the postseaon area expanded by one crew every within the AFC and the NFC to a complete of 14, that brings extra groups into life like rivalry over the ultimate eight weeks. Primarily based on the present standings, this is an up to date have a look at what every convention event would appear like if the playoffs began now:
NFL MOCK DRAFT 2021:
Jets end tank for Trevor Lawrence; Patriots, Falcons, Vikings go on QBs
NFL standings for Week 10
AFC playoff image
Who could be in?
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-0), first place, AFC North. The Steelers survived the Cowboys in an NFC matchup to remain undefeated. They are going to look to increase their lead for the lone bye and home-field benefit to a full sport towards the Chiefs by beating the Bengals. Within the short-term, a loss places them behind the Chiefs, whom they do not play, as a result of the Chiefs would have a greater convention file.
2. Kansas Metropolis Chiefs (8-1), first place, AFC West. The Chiefs get a well-deserved bye earlier than a troublesome closing schedule. They begin by taking part in the Raiders, to whom they misplaced, on the street. The Chiefs additionally will journey to the Buccaneers, Saints and Dolphins. It is going to be most likely come right down to the wire for the No. 1 seed between them and the Steelers.
3. Buffalo Payments (7-2), first place, AFC East. The Payments received a giant NFC win over the Seahawks and can search for one other agianst the Cardinals. They lead the Dolphins by 1.5 video games and the Patriots by 3.5 video games. They did lose to the Chiefs and Titans, which can damage in seeding as probably division champions. In addition they get a shot on the Steelers at dwelling in Week 14.
4. Tennessee Titans (6-2), first place, AFC South. The Titans maintain this lead by a sport over the Colts, however they’ll lose it on an preliminary tiebreaker ought to they lose Thursday night time within the first of two head-to-head matchups. The Titans’ losses have come to the Steelers and Bengals in current weeks, however they beat the Payments and don’t play the Chiefs.
5. Baltimore Ravens (6-2), second place, AFC North. The Ravens are two full video games behind the Steelers plus the preliminary head-to-head tiebreaker. However they’ve key wins over the Browns and Colts in making an attempt to safe the highest wild card. They do play the Titans and nonetheless have rematches with the Steelers and Browns, however they don’t play both the Raiders or Dolphins.
6. Las Vegas Raiders (5-3), second place, AFC West. The Raiders maintain this second wild-card spot due to having the perfect convention file (3-2) vs. the three groups behind them. They beat the Browns and in addition get key direct pictures at dwelling towards the Colts (Week 14) and Dolphins (Week 16) in December.
7. Miami Dolphins (5-3), second place, AFC East. The Dolphins have this spot with a greater convention file (2-2) than both the Browns or Colts, who every have three AFC losses. They’ve a reasonably favorable schedule outdoors of that Raiders sport in Week 16 however have brutal bookends within the closing month with the Chiefs (Week 14) and Payments (Week 17).
Who can get there?
8. Cleveland Browns (5-3)
9. Indianapolis Colts (5-3)
The Browns beat the Colts to carry the tiebreaker right here however misplaced to the Raiders and do not play the Dolphins. The Colts have a foul convention file (2-3), so they should attempt to win the division over the Titans. Their Raiders matchup in Week 14 could turn out to be a must-win.
Who’s probably out?
10. Denver Broncos (3-5)
11. New England Patriots (3-5)
12. Cincinnati Bengals (2-5-1)
13. Los Angeles Chargers (2-6)
14. Houston Texans (2-6)
15. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-7)
16. New York Jets (0-9)
The grouping of the 4 stable 5-Three groups would not bode properly for the Broncos or Patriots, two video games behind with very powerful schedules forward. The Bengals have the three video games towards the underside of the NFC East, however two Steelers dates and one with the Dolphins counters that. The Chargers can preserve fascinated with what might need been with all their shut losses, whereas the Texans have probably dug themselves too deep of a gap.
NFC playoff image
Who could be in?
1. New Orleans Saints (6-2), first place, NFC South. The Saints’ glowing convention file (5-1) provides them this tiebreaker over the Seahawka and Packers. If this was a two-way tie, nonetheless, the Saints could be behind the Packers, to whom they suffered that lone NFC loss at dwelling, however nonetheless forward of the Seahawks.
2. Seattle Seahawks (6-2), first place, NFC West. The Seahawks are 4-1 within the convention, whereas the Packers have two NFC losses to the Buccaneers and Vikings. A loss to the Rams would put them in second place within the division and possibly third, if the Cardinals, who beat them, additionally win.
3. Inexperienced Bay Packers (6-2), first place, NFC North. The Packers maintain a stable 1.5-game lead over the Bears, who’re fading and whom the Packers nonetheless play twice. They need to root for Seahawks and Buccaneers to fade to allow them to work to win home-field benefit over the Saints.
4. Philadelphia Eagles (3-4-1), first place, NFC East. The Eagles will draw back and win the division within the second half after their Week 9 bye. They won’t end increased or decrease than this seed and might be a harmful playoff spoiler to the three groups above and the one proper beneath.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-3) second place, NFC South. The Buccaneers blew a giant alternative to turn out to be the division and convention front-runners towards the Saints. Now they should end a full sport ahed of the Saints, to whom they misplaced twice, to take the South. They nonetheless are in sturdy form to fall again on one of many three wild playing cards.
6. Arizona Cardinals (5-3), second place, NFC West. The Cardinals could be in first place after Week 10 in the event that they beat the Payments and the Rams beat the Seahawks. They’re 2-Zero in division play, the perfect mark within the West if each the Rams and Seahawks must also be 6-3. In the event that they lose to the Payments, they may fall out of playoff place, relying on what the Rams and Bears do.
7. Los Angeles Rams (5-3), third place, NFC West. The Rams can leap into first place with a win over the Seahawks and a Cardinals loss. They will additionally fall out of the ultimate wild-card place with a loss and a Bears win.
Who can get there?
8. Chicago Bears (5-4)
9. San Francisco 49ers (4-5)
10. Minnesota Vikings (3-5)
The Bears taking part in the Vikings on Monday night time seems to be an even bigger sport than anticipated. With a win to get to 6-4, the Bears could be again in playoff place if both the Cardinals or Rams lose. The Vikings may make a giant transfer again towards rivalry by beating the Bears, especally if each the Cardinals and Rams lose. The 49ers desperately must win one thing, regardless of their accidents, with a troublesome slate forward, beginning with the Sants.
Who’s probably out?
11. Detroit Lions (3-5)
12. Atlanta Falcons (3-6)
13. Carolina Panthers (3-6)
14. Washington Soccer Workforce (2-6)
15. Dallas Cowboys (2-7)
16. New York Giants (2-7)
The Lions have the identical file because the Vikings, however they simply misplaced to them and are headed to a fade with a foul schedule from Week 13 to 17. The Falcons and Panthers have zero margin for error as extraordinarily flawed groups. That terrible NFC East trio ought to focus extra on the draft behind the Eagles.